The Friends is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra of Orlando, Florida by:
- Promoting community awareness and appreciation of the Orchestra through social, cultural and educational events and programs directed towards current as well as the next generation of symphonic music patrons.
- Contributing to the financial strength of the Orchestra.
- Providing volunteer support to the Orchestra's management and staff.
Recent Schedule Changes
- The February general membership meeting with Dirk Meyer date is currently in flux. We should know before the end of this week (Jan 26-Jan 30) the new date and time. Currently it looks like it will be held on February 16 at 1PM.
- Jeans & Jewels is being combined with Party at the Plaza and has been moved from June 6 to June 20. Check back for additional details.
General Membership - Friends Meeting with Special Guest Dirk Meyer, Music Director Finalist - TBA.
Board of Directors - Thursday February 26, 2015, 3:30PM at the Orchestra offices.
Thirteen fundraising events have been planned for this year. The next couple of events are described below. Please visit our Fabulous Fundraisers events page for details on all of our events and to register.
Meyer on Mozart
Join Maestro Dirk Meyer and world-renown pianist Conrad Tao, now age 20, who first appeared with the Phil at age 13. This outstanding event will be held in the lovely home of Mitch and Swantje Levin of Winter Park. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. $125 per person; $100 for Friends members. Please go to the Fabulous Fundraisers page to sign up.
A Musical Collage
Join the principal players of the Orlando Philharmonic for an intimate evening of chamber music and mingling. The principals will select their favorite solo and small ensemble pieces, accompanied by Keiko Andrews on piano. Snacks and cash bar. $40 per person; $30 for Friends members. Please go to the Fabulous Fundraisers page to sign up.
Pictures from Previous Events
Pictures from some of our previous events (for both this and previous years) are available for viewing on our Facebook page.
NOTE: You need not be a member of Facebook to view the pictures. Just click the link and start browsing!